Saturday, July 14, 2012

Healthy [HEL-thee] (adj.) : a sound and vigorous mentality

So. Herein begins my journey. It starts. Open the gates - and seize the day. Carpe Diem.

This is fun. I mean actually fun. I'm not a writer by any means, but putting intentional thoughts on 'paper' is starting to get my blood pumping. Of course, I am comparing this moment to one of those cutesy Nora Ephron movies when the girl is sitting at a desk with her pajamas on typing away her inner most thoughts with a voice over giving them personality. The pup is nestled beside me asleep and I am ready to begin this, so let's go!  

What a life lived, and a life to be lived. My journey starts today, Saturday, July 14th. I am a 30 year old follower of Christ. That's it - that is who I am, my entire self-worth, and my identity. It's a lovely, beautiful thing - a very important piece to this journey. Mind you, this is a fairly new concept which has completely rocked my world. It's a foundation I never considered while independently navigating my contribution and purpose to this earthly life. Now, I build my confidence and worth upon a foundation of love that will never crumble. A foundation of love God will never take away despite what shananagans I get myself into. Putting this into words right now is creating a wonderful peace within my heart. 

In addition to this foundation, I hope to discover the many things God has in store for me to build upon this foundation He provided. For example, the reason I am writing this blog is simply to honor one of God's wonderful creations - ME! While God created me, I don't appear to honor this creation to well. However, I refuse to criticize everything about myself and crawl into the fetal position. That. Does. Not. Work. Instead, I choose 'the road less traveled by'. My journey will focus on creating a lifestyle of healthy thoughts, healthy relationships, healthy choices, healthy eats, and healthy choices to KEEP MOVING. This journey is only possible with the assurance that God gives us GRACE in life- so I will make a point to give myself grace. Hmm, what a novel idea!  Negativitiy paired with unrealistic and bogus expectations of yourself are cancers - I am convinced. They grow within every crevice of your brain and takes up residence until you kick it OUT. If your brain is your body's control center - think of how healthy lifestyles and perspectives can both honor and please God. Love it. Live it. 

Wow, this is getting long. So what's my purpose in writing and publishing this blog? Documenting my journey makes it real - and hopefully real to others. I will simply post something everyday (well, here's where the grace comes in) to encourage myself and others to make overall healthy choices in life. For me, this includes more than just healthy eating and exercise - it also includes making an effort to pay attention to healthy experiences, interactions, influences, and perspectives. 

So, here goes nothing!! Carpe Diem, my little readers.



2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the direction this is going. It's a solid foundation built on fundamentals, and of course the whole basis of the aforementioned fundamentals is God's will and purpose. Transformation and the renewing of your mind takes precedent over vanity and image. As followers of Christ, we need to see this body the way God intended it to be displayed. We should be seen more as a Holy temple for God's spirit and less as a frat house for drunken college screwballs. I appreciate the level of transparency you've already given us and the freedom to live up to the calling you've been given. Stay blessed as I and others await to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...also I like the "my little readers". It makes me think about Lady Gaga when she calls her fans"my little monsters." Haha, random I know.

    ReplyDelete